Take-Two Confirms GTA VI Leak, Claims Game Development Unaffected

Take-Two Interactive Software Inc confirmed on Monday that a hacker has leaked the first images of Grand Theft Auto VI, the next installment of the best-selling video game. Dozens of game development videos showing footage of flying, gunfire and open-world driving have been posted to an online message board by the hacker, in what may be one of the biggest leaks ever. games.

The company, however, said it did not expect the incident to affect the game’s development, helping its shares to pare some of their losses following a 6% decline in pre-market trading. “Rockstar Games’ current services are unaffected. We have already taken steps to isolate and contain this incident,” Take-Two said in a statement.

The hacking incident raised fears of a delay in the release of the highly anticipated title, which was confirmed in development in February. Some analysts were also concerned about the game’s source code possibly leaking. when it launches,” said Jefferies analyst Andrew Uerkwitz.

Most brokerages, however, said early footage looked good even though it wasn’t intended for distribution. “The leaked footage simply confirms existing market rumors about the game’s development that have been circulating for years,” said Benchmark analyst Mike Hickey.

“We are increasingly confident that the game can release in FY25 and provide a significant catalyst for revenue and profit growth.” GTA VI is expected to generate $3.5 billion in bookings at launch and an annual average of $2 billion thereafter, according to BofA Global Research.

The hacker, who also claimed to be behind a cyber incident at Uber Technologies Inc last week, had posted a message on the forum about seeking to “negotiate a deal” with Take-Two.

(This story has not been edited by the Devdiscourse team and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)


Source link

Comments are closed.